John Small quoted from a post of mine,

> If MD dies in the US

and commented,

| Sorry, I came in late on this thread.  Is there some danger of the format
| dying in the US?

I wouldn't say "danger," just "theoretical possibility."  That thread was
strictly speculation; having been computerless for six days, I was catching
up with the list last night, so my post to it came later than everyone
else's.  If you just subscribed to this list, John, then my post would be the
only part of that thread that you saw unless you visited the MD-L archives.