Chad Gombosi wrote:

> >What WERE they thinking?  Beats the heck out of me.  And then to top it
> >off, Sony Kept the stupid feature for years.  Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!!!!
> >

> OK, I've been listning to what you guys have been saying, but it still
> eludes me. *What* is so bad about End Search again? I really don't
> understand what you are complaining about.

Because it's silly.
It's just as dumb as if your PC had an "End Search" button that you had to
press before saving any new files, otherwise it would overwrite your
existing files.  MD is random access storing tracks much like a PC stores
files on a hard drive or floppy disk.  It was ridiculous for them to
implement an "End Search" mis-feature.

Shawn Lin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]