"David W. Tamkin" wrote:
> Steve Corey wrote,
>
> | I would also like to join the "AVLS is Stupid" crowd
>
> I'll wave to you from across the aisle, where I sit with the "AVLS Is for the
> Stupid" crowd.

Funny, I never got Steve's email with this sentance in it.

I have to disagree with you on this.  I find AVLS very useful, It allows
me to record something quickly, without having to mess with the record
level.  Just push End Search and then Record and I will get good results
while I am doing or paying attention to something else.  I had a Sharp
702 and it seemed like I had to baby it all the time to get good
recordings.  I just wanted to record a tune that was being played at a
jam session, and play my mandolin along with the tune while it was being
recorded.  The Sony lets me do that, and I also have the ability to
change to manual level control if I want to.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways