"Francisco J. Huerta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>This is not an argument to start a fight.

Then maybe you should have not posted this? ;)

Sorry, but I work with both systems, and I get tired of PC-centric people
doing flawed comparisons. The entire "evaluation" you conducted was
flawed, since you "evaluated" PowerBooks using PC users. Of course they
are going to dislike the interface and have the problems you menioned,
just as a company full of Mac users is going to dislike the Windows
interface and have technical problems with Windows if you use them to
"evaluate" Wintel laptops. The simple truth is that people are
comfortable with what they learned, and a change will almost always be
met with resistance, especially in the beginning.

BTW, the "death blow" being end users complaining because they couldn't
open exe files received through email? ROFL... about the only executable
files people receive through email are virii and "joke" programs. Hmmm...

Database problems, and PC-specific software -- now there is a reason that
I can understand -- that is a logical reason to go with a Wintel PC. But
the other reasons...

>A Mac is a good, albeit uncompatible, out of standard (and in many
>cases out of touch) computer.

Sorry, but that is just incorrect. If you mean "incompatible with a few
PC-only applications, yes." But the Mac is just as standards-compliant as
any Windows PC, cross-platform compatible, and hardly "out of touch." LOL
 And in terms of software availability, apart from a few high-end
databases and CAD applications, pretty much anything you can do on
Windows you can do on a Macintosh (although WebObjects is better than any
PC-only solution). And in some industries (graphic design, education,
multimedia) a good argument can be made for the opposite conclusion --
that the PC is

You want to use PCs, or Macs, that's great. But let's drop these flawed
"well, I did an evaluation" arguments -- let people go try a computer on
their own, armed with facts. These "my computer is better than your
computer for these reasons" mailing list debates are so... 1980s ;)