"David W. Tamkin" wrote:

> Maybe I should pack up my new R900 and return it to save money for a NetMD
> machine.
>
> Oh no, can't: I sent in the coupon for the arm-band case just yesterday and
> can't return a whole package now.  Guess I'll just have to enjoy the R900
> until NetMD hardware becomes available.

Dave, but it does sound like the difference between an ATRAC1 version X.0 and
the 900 with a ATRAC3 (allowing LP) is not as great as the difference between
the 900 and the new gear assuming that it will also be able to record in the
"standard" ATRAC3 MDLP mode.

Don't feel so bad.  I have an Aiwa FM70 in decent condition that I was planning
to sell on eBay for at least $75.  But I saw one listed as being in "mint"
condition for about $25!

Larry