When I wrote, in light of the news about NetMD,

T> Maybe I should pack up my new R900 and return it to save money for a NetMD
T> machine.  [But I can't return it now, so I g]uess I'll just have to enjoy
T> the R900 until NetMD hardware becomes available.

Larry answered,

S> Dave,

and we're off to a great start.  That's not my name.

S> Don't feel so bad.

Who feels bad?  Read my last sentence again.  I'm happy with the R900.  Until
we see what sort of copy protection NetMD involves, we don't know whether
NetMD is good news at all, let alone how good.  (I hope you pay more atten-
tion when you read X-rays, doctor.)

S> I have an Aiwa FM70 in decent condition that I was planning to sell on
S> eBay for at least $75.  But I saw one listed as being in "mint" condition
S> for about $25!

I have an Aiwa AM-F70 that read and rewrote a TOC that my MDS-JE520 trashed
(that was the one and only thing that every has gone wrong with my 520), res-
cuing the disc, which has had no more problems to this day (not even in the
JE520).  None of my other hardware could read that TOC until the F70 fixed it
(I did not yet have the JB940, which seems able to read anything).  Sell it?
The mortician will have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers!  MDLP couldn't
get me to give up my F70 and NetMD won't either.