[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When I wrote, in light of the news about NetMD,
>
> T> Maybe I should pack up my new R900 and return it to save money for a NetMD
> T> machine.  [But I can't return it now, so I g]uess I'll just have to enjoy
> T> the R900 until NetMD hardware becomes available.
>
> Larry answered,
>
> S> Dave,
>
> and we're off to a great start.  That's not my name.

You mean no one ever calls you Dave???  Ever since the day you were born you
parents and friends always referred to you as David??  You mother never said,
"that my little Davie?"  :)

Regarding the AM-F70, have you found the sound quality with headphones as good as
other units (say Sharp)?  Maybe it's in my mind, but the Aiwa never quite sounded
as good to me as my old Sharp (actually, Denon/Sharp clone).  Also, I think
that's the only portable MD recorder I have seen that has an external battery
pack that just dangles there.  It doesn't, clip, screw, slide, slip, etc. on the
a place made for it on the main unit.

My old Sharp had a huge external battery pack (6 batteries), but it clipped onto
the back of the unit.  Since they were design in parallel, not in a series, it
delivered 4.5 volts so it could also be used with most of the portables back
then.

Lawrence