> You're missing the point completely.
>
> Who honestly cares about your concept of digital intelligence? It's all
> about the digital format making high fidelity a true reality.

AMEN!!! The common user cares about "convergence" and "ease of use". The
same people who drive a Chevy Lumina and use a 21" tv set. I highly doubt MD
users fall in this category.

My own personal music system is pretty simple: a DVD/CD player, an MD, a
multichannel amp, a DLP projector and a tube amp for my headphones. And I
want to keep it this way. No computers, no "integration", no MP3, no
"visualizations", "track markings", or the like. I even connect my projector
directly to my DVD to avoid the on-screen menus of my amp.

At the end of the day, what really matters is the quality of the music...
not how many bells or whistles you can cram into a player.