Talk about compression ratios and bitrates is entirely interesting, but I'm
talking about USE of the technology.  The average person doesn't care that
MD has a better bitrate than an average MP3, they just want something they
can listen to music with when they go jogging or something.

By "use" of it I mean more towards the end-user's preference of what works
for him/her.  In my opinion, besides the method used to get the music onto
the media, there's no real difference between MD units and MP3 units.  The
audio quality sounds exactly the same to me when I'm rollerblading with the
wind whistling in my ears.  I like the flexibility MD affords me.  Not
saying MP3 players are inflexible, they just don't work for what I like them
to do, have the right features I need, the right accessories (I have a sony
MZ-R900), etc.

---
Mike Lastucka, B. Tech
[EMAIL PROTECTED]