On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Mark Constable <ma...@renta.net> wrote:

> On 25/02/11, James Ausmus wrote:
> > [...]
> > One thing I think we can say is what area of the stack each of
> > us is responsible for - I own the following:
> >
> > -Panels
> > -Sharing Framework
> > -Social Networking Framework (everything above libsocialweb
> >  itself, that is)
> > -Some pieces of the core components library
>
> James, thank you so much for your input. This is exactly the code
> I am interested in so perhaps this is not stretching your corporate
> responsibilities too far (just say so if it is) to offer an opinion
> as to whether anyone in Intel would be offended if I did indeed fork
> the QML code currently available under a BSD license?

IANAL. :)

The QML code is clearly marked as being Apache 2.0 licensed.

As far as whether I would be personally offended if you forked my code - I'd
certainly appreciate taking a look at any patches you would want to send my
way, but I won't be upset (I'd even understand!) if you decide that's an
untenable method of contributing and decide to fork.

-James