On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:48:25 am Randall Arnold
wrote:
> This isn't about "us vs them".  Intel is a part of the
> community.  And as for "their every word and action
> being scrutinized", that's inflammatory and hyperbolic.
>  Let's avoid extreme dialog.

Well, the impression I get from the community is that it
*is* "us vs them" -- where "us" is the virtuous community
and "them" is the corporate interests.

So, I don't think I was being inflammatory... I really think
this is the way things are.

> On the other hand, community members who aren't beholden
> to corporate sponsors/participants are obliged to keep
> corporate interests in check and drive a high degree of
> transparency.  Without it, you have no community-- just
> a mob fed by walled gardeners.

This sounds "us vs them."  A struggle between classes.  Just
saying.  :-)

Look, I think we all agree on open source.

We disagree that open /development/ is always the right
thing to do in every case.  I think that time-to-market is
more important.

-gabriel