On Do, 2011-02-24 at 15:38 +0000, Dave Neary wrote:
> Now - one Intel person contributed one post to the list. Patrick. And he
> was immediately rebutted.

I didn't perceive that as negative. I didn't respond further because it
is as James already explained: we don't have answers for most of the
(IMHO valid) questions raised here.

> Personally I'd have liked to know how the tablet team is working now,
> and try to identify places where efforts could be useful.

At least for the part that I worked on (CalDAV/CardDAV synchronization)
I have some (hopefully good) news: because it is middleware code, I got
the okay to move the code into the public SyncEvolution git repository,
which I did today.

In the Tablet UX this functionality is accessed via the settings UI,
using Buteo as the framework and the SyncML implementation for Google
Contacts. Because the CalDAV/CardDAV part was done with SyncEvolution
infrastructure, it also works via the SyncEvolution command line,
without the Tablet UI.

More information are in the announcement [1]. Regarding "places where
efforts could be useful", there are some. See that email or ask me on
the SyncEvolution list - help definitely would be welcome.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.syncevolution/2177

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.