On 09/24/2010 07:25 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Sexta-feira 24 Setembro 2010, às 15:21:24, Eero Tamminen escreveu:
>> (With the Webkit the problem is more that a lot of development is done
>> by Apple behind closed doors, I don't think they have open repos
>> for that development, just occasional code dumps.  Correct me
>> if I'm mistaken.)
>
> That's not a behaviour we want to copy.
>
> Let's instead try to copy the good behaviour that other companies have. We
> have very good examples in this mailing list.

There needs to be a separation between Nokia Device development and the
libmeegotouch framework development.  At this stage it is tightly
coupled with Nokia's own handset development.  Going forward this is not
sustainable if we would like to gain traction in the greater community
both commercial and open.  There is nothing wrong with device developers
having a separate internal and private issue tracker.  But seeing as how
Nokia device developers are sharing sensitive information with
libmeegotouch development internally, there is clearly a lack of a
firewall separating the framework development.

In a nutshell, MTF needs to be a part of Qt with all the implications of
more separate governance.
<http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/06/03/qt-and-open-governance/> Until that
happens, third party companies will be extremely hesitant to share
anything sensitive with MTF developers assuming they had visibility to
the MTF tracker to begin with.

Sean

- --
Sean V. Kelley <sean.v.kel...@linux.intel.com>