Am Mittwoch, den 09.03.2011, 07:30 -0800 schrieb Arjan van de Ven:
> On 3/9/2011 2:44 AM, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Arjan van de Ven<ar...@linux.intel.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> given the events of the last few weeks, the MeeGo architects have, and
> >> still
> >> are, revisiting various parts of the MeeGo architecture.
> > Aside from this thread, where does this discussion happen? How do others
> > engage?
>
> this discussion has mostly been happening with the architects of the
> handset and tablet (UI and OS) as well as consulting with a few of the
> other vertical architects.
>
> >> Having said that, three items are currently clear enough to make a final
> >> decision on:
> >>
> >> 1) MSSF / MeeGo security framework
> >> 2) Buteo Sync
> >> 3) PIM storage (currently stored in the tracker database)
> > Reading between the lines, it appears that the MeeGo architects are
> > re-evaluating Nokia contributions.
>
> No we are re-evaluating those areas where there is an issue now. Areas
> that are very complete and functional because the responsible
> folks made sure worked well in MeeGo aren't even close to being up for
> discussion, Nokia or otherwise. This is about an evaluation of real gaps
> in MeeGo
> functionality for whatever reason (never got implemented, the developers
> focused on Harmattan(Maemo) instead of MeeGo, something stayed binary
> and never got open sourced, the area never got resourced, whatever) are
> severely lacking completeness/functionality in MeeGo.

So speaking about qtcontacts-tracker: Can you point me to bug reports,
to or broken promises?

A quick search for "qtcontacts-tracker" on bugs.meego.com finds 19 bugs.
Not a single show stopper judging from summaries. Nokia's internal bug
tracker lists 17 bugs for qtcontacts-tracker right now. Our test suite
(about 10k lines of code) reports 139 of 139 passed.

So what actually are the show stoppers?

Where is the email telling us qtcontacts-tracker developers that there
are show stopping issues? At least Patrick knows very well how to
contact us.

Ciao,
Mathias

PS: To get some more numbers I ran few quick searches on bugs.gnome.org:

  ":evolution-data-server :contacts" finds 70 bugs
  ":evolution-data-server" even finds 354 bugs

--
Mathias Hasselmann <math...@openismus.com>
http://openismus.com/