Am Donnerstag, den 10.03.2011, 12:02 +0100 schrieb Philip Van Hoof:
> On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 23:24 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> > PS: To get some more numbers I ran few quick searches on bugs.gnome.org:
> >
> >   ":evolution-data-server :contacts" finds 70 bugs
> >   ":evolution-data-server" even finds 354 bugs
>
> Nod. And it's not that several years ago at Nokia, during Fremantle,
> people where 'satisfied' with EDS. I haven't seen huge improvements
> happening to EDS since that period.

Fremantle's EDS version differs greatly from GNOME EDS. To get a
realistic idea of the effort needed for turning libebook into something
that's somewhat production ready, take a look at at the long commit
history of Fremantle EDS: http://maemo.gitorious.org/eds-fremantle/

Yes, we should have tried harder to get into upstream EDS development.
First our version of libebook-dbus was in horrible. Later the delta
became too large to handle. Too little time. Too many secrets around the
N900. Naive planing. :-/

Ciao,
Mathias

--