Em Tuesday, 3 de May de 2011, às 13:41:20, Tom Swindell escreveu:
>   I think from my perspective, I'd probably be writing several QML UXs
> for my apps anyway, one for tablets (large screen) and another for
> handsets, the main reason being, though a perfect UX designed in QML
> could be scalable across all screen dimensions. Separating the paradigms
> into seperate QML UX profiles is just a lot simpler and probably a lot
> less of a time investment.

Hi Tom

That's more or less what's recommended; when your target device is different
enough, you want to take a look at your UI and UX to make sure it's still
properly written. There's only so much that the components (whichever one) are
going to do for you, especially on the first version.

The line on how different is different enough is quite blurry though.

That said, the expectation is that you don't have to rewrite the *entire*
thing. That is, if you change the master layout of your application's main
screen, you shouldn't have to change the code for each individual portion of
the screen, configuration pages, etc.

>   That being said, Qt Components & MeeGo UX Components should really be
> combined, and I hope they do.

Agreed, it's on my to-do list to get this discussion going. It's too late to
affect major changes in the first versions, so let's figure out how to help each
other on newer versions and bring it back together.

We currently don't know how much different the two APIs are, so that's the
starting point. The very basic and core components should have the same API:
this should be the first goal.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358