On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 21:01 +0100, Robin Burchell wrote:
> > today, compliance does not yet cover the components, but you're making a
> > very good case that it should....
>
> That's what I was sort of hinting at earlier, I think it'd be a good
> idea. Nothing also prevents us (MeeGo the project) or vendors from
> extending this with _additional_ components for our own use, but the
> basic stuff being guarenteed to work for application developers across
> devices should be a must.

This would also help with MeeGo Input Methods integration - we can do
better than what's currently available in MeeGo Handset/Tablet UX, with
the virtual keyboard. But for that we also depend on tight toolkit
integration (similar to what we have reached with MeeGo Touch in
Harmattan, say for example smooth relocation [RELOC]).

If the same set of components is then available on all MeeGo devices,
then integration should be much easier for us. Well, we are also kind of
depend on window management, but that's a different story.

regards,
Michael

[RELOC] http://wiki.meego.com/images/Technical-overview-widget-reloc.pdf