On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Thiago Macieira <thi...@kde.org> wrote:

> It doesn't. I was going to ask steven what reasons he had for using the qt
> compositor. It's just a sample compositor, showing what is possible to do if
> you integrate the wayland libraries into a QML-based application. I've seen
> other experiments doing the same, some of which would definitely never qualify
> for a product.

One advantage of using Qt Compositor as starting point would be making
the compositor easy to modify, e.g. for OEM's looking for
differentiated experience at compositor level.

If you don't get worse performance with Qt Compositor, is there a good
reason not to use it (as a starting point again, since it's not a
"product" in itself)?