Good luck with the intercooler. From the pic it looks like the older Garrett
type with the tubes machine welded to the end plates.Cutting them down to 2
or 3 is easy but making them not as wide is a problem. I've done some and
there a lot of work unless you can find someone who makes end plates to
suit, even with these its still alot of work cleaning up the tubes after
there cut.The later model Garrett cores are vacum glued to the end plates
and are a lot easier to pull apart. Lately I've been using the mercedes or
the mitsubishi truck cores as these are only 500mm wide at the plates. The
last mitsi core i picked up is the same as an evo core only 3 times as high.
If you find anyone who makes end plates to suit the garrett cores cheap let
me know as making them by hand isn't worth it.
Andrew Smith
jamesf wrote:
> I just picked up my new intercooler... I think I am going to need a hand
>
> installing it.... Not sure where I will mount the headlights (or the
> grill,
> bumper, blinkers radiator etc ... :)
>
> I tried to find a bigger one but this little one was all I could find...
>
> (it's got to impress all the rice boys :)
> Now maybe if I weld two together like they did with those Piazza
> intercoolers in Hot4s......
>
> http://www.ozdat.com/ozdat/newintercooler.jpg
>
> No, seriously... should be able to cut it up to make 2 or 3 very nice
> intercoolers
>
> Bit of a bugger to get home in the dat though. The thing just fitted
> across the back
> seat.... pressed up against both doors ... just squeezed it in ;)
>
> Cya
> JamesF
> OZDAT Online
>
> --
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
> James Fitness
> Director
> Data Scribe Australia Pty Ltd
> http://www.datascribe.com.au
> Computers and Supplies
>
> OZDAT Online
> http://www.datascribe.com.au/ozdatonline/index.htm
>
--membersozdat-------------------------------------------------------
OZDAT Mailing List Please Note:-
Send (un)subscribe requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send submissions to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No unauthorised redistribution of this email
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/index.htm
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/listindex.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---------------------------------------------------------------------