You don't need two libraries.  As I said, a lot of these products already
speak the memcached protocol or, alternatively, something like redis would
provide you all of the functionality that you need from memcached plus the
features that you're requesting (key-value store with replication,
persistence, atomicity/transactions, etc).  There are many things that
memcached is better at than redis, but given the use case that you're
describing, the advantages of memcached versus redis don't really apply to
you, so switching to it wouldn't really hurt you at all and at the same time
would, I believe, solve your problems.

http://redis.io/
<http://redis.io/>

--