My left rear brake is dragging. I'm sure of it. I can feel the heat coming off of it after a freeway run, and that wheel is covered with brake dust. If I jack it up, I can feel that it's tight. The dilemma: The brake caliper, rotor, and hoses on both rear brakes have been replaced in the last month. In fact, the problem started when they were replaced. I've taken it back to the shop that did the work, and they think I'm nuts -- they say the pads are moving freely and they can't find anything wrong. I guess I don't have much choice but to tear into it myself. Any suggestions on what to look for when I take it apart?

---

David Brodbeck
'83 Mercedes 300D Turbo