David,

What you describe is typical of a faulty brake flex line. Also a defective caliper can cause this, but that is less probable being that it is new. First off, I would recommend that you check to see that you did receive the new parts that you paid for. If your flex line seems to be dry rotted, then it is an old line that may be decomposing from the inside. I have never come across a brake master failing in a manner so that would cause the brakes to drag as you describe. Also, trace the hard metal brake line to the tee fitting by the diff. to ensure there is no damage that could be causing a restriction. Possibly, there is a kink in the line.

When you have the car in the air, have someone hit the brakes repeatedly, and upon their releasing the pedal, see if there is drag on the wheel. Lastly, bleed the brakes and see if any particulate matter comes out. There is a good chance dirt got into the caliper or brake line during disassembly if the tech was not careful in their work. This could cause the fluid to release slowly causing the brake to drag.

If your rotor is blued from the heat you will want to consider replacing it with the brake pads. That should be covered by the shop warrantee should this be caused by carelessness on their behalf.

Regards,

Mathieu Cama
Old World Automotive
Lawrenceville, GA