On my 123 the MB 's CD also stated 45', but when I finally found the star it was more like 30' or so ..... a flashlight was better finding it than a drop light ..... It only take a few turns to adjust the brakes, and since you are loosing it, this will add more slack on the cable .....Try some PowerBuster on the cable .....

Bill

1981 300 TD

David Brodbeck wrote:

Bill Gallagher wrote:
Instead of cutting the cable, adjust the brake in question .....

Will the adjusters still back it off even if the cable isn't fully
released?  If so, I'll have to have another go at trying to find the
adjuster star.  I spent a while peering in those bolt holes but couldn't
spot it.  Haynes says '45 degrees towards the front of the car' but I
wasn't having much luck.