Mathieu J. Cama wrote:
What you describe is typical of a faulty brake flex line.

Yes, I had that thought too. The lines were also deeply cracked, so I asked that they be replaced, hoping it would solve the problem. It didn't, but I haven't verified yet that I actually got the new lines. That's a good suggestion.

Also, trace the hard metal brake line to the tee fitting by the diff. to ensure there is no damage that could be causing a restriction. Possibly, there is a kink in the line.

Another excellent suggestion.  I'll check it out as soon as I can.