Instead of cutting the cable, adjust the brake in question .....

Bill
1981 300 TD

David Brodbeck wrote:

Fmiser wrote:
How about the parking brake? A rusty cable can cause that problem. I've
got one right now that need such help.

Yup.  Everyone who said "parking brake" gets a prize.

The problem must have started a few weeks ago, when I tested the parking
brake and found it didn't hold.  It turns out it didn't fully release,
either.  I discovered today that the cable to the pedal had a big bow in
it where it had released, but the equalizer bar had stayed put.

Once I figured that out, I crawled underneath and pounded the equalizer
bar with a hammer until it was somewhere close to the released position.
The left rear is still dragging a bit more than I'd like, though, so I
may have to smack it a bit more, or cut the cable.