you can do this use any dry gas I used the  key board cleaner  because it is
a refrigerant gas ( just not for mobile ..auto ... systems)
 what you do is add 3 or 4 cans to the system and check for leaks
 this is done first immediately by looking for the big obvious leaks  than a
few weeks later  by looking closely for oil stains on the front or  the
condenser  around hoses and at the  Schrader  Valves  oil stains will appear as
darker than the surrounding  area  areas to be  looked at closely are
condenser,
back and  front of the compressor ` and the  Evaporator  Coil  ( on my car I
can see the base of it near the gas pedal)  .. look for oil leaks/ or stains
when you discover them keep looking  .... oh yeah  DONT FORGET THE SCHARDER
VALVE ( WHERE THE REFERDGERET  GAS GOES IN )
 THIS IS A LINK ON THIS PRODUCT AND ITS SAFTEY

   _http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/b_
(http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/b)

 do you have a leak detector? I found mine at a pawn shop for like  25.00 it
is a snap on model 5500 made by tif and  it  works on r 12  only.
 the gas i used did trigger the leak detector  form the  small amount or 12
that was in the system ...

 go to it ...