Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:00:09 -0400
From: Anthony Galioto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Fluids -antifreeze and power steering

I just changed the anti freeze and power steering fluids on my 1983
240D.  In the PS I put Mobil 1 ATF.  I have now been told this would
damage the seals.  Is this correct ?  Should I drain it and install
regular PS Fluid?  The manual says to use ATF.

I also changed the antifreeze.  I installed Prestone Dex-Cool, it was
more expensive so I thought it's better.  I am now worried because I
read the container and it says its for an aluminum engine.  Should I
drain and replace this fluid?

Thanks,

Anthony

1983 240D 62900 mi