Water gets into the fuel tank through condensation. Even works in a 55 gallon drum.

A fine set up may involve a homogenization tank where feed stock is heated and blended, then you run it through a filtration medium, such as the TP filter into a storage container. From there run it through an oil/water separator and pump into your test platform