MB never put a 5 speed behind a turbo diesel because it reduces the
driveability.  Yea it sounds like a good idea but everyone I have talked
to that have done it was not happy with the results.  After every shift,
you got to wait for the turbo to spool back up again.  Very sluggish.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 89 560SEL,