as late as the late 70s there were some substantial differences between identical GM cars, most obvious being that each division had their own engines. in other words, a chevy, olds and buick 350 were all different engines. other little things included such idiosyncrasies as buick not letting chevy build turbo 350 transmissions for them, but building them in house from kits.

At 12:18 PM 9/13/2005, you wrote:
De plane! De plane!

Answer: yes!