David Brodbeck wrote:
> If you really want to see a motorhome with cult status, though, check out
> the old front-wheel-drive, V-8 powered GMC motorhomes.  People will spend a
> mint on restoring those things.  They have an insane following.

Thanks, I never realized those were FWD. From looking at them, I had assumed
they were rear engined, the floor is too low for driveshafts. Toronado
drivetrain
with 455 V8. I bet it makes the Toronado with the same engine look thrifty by
comparison. I like the early mockup pictured here better than the production
model:
http://www.gmcmotorhome.com/faq/what.html