The only one I ever did on a 123 300D was really tight also.  I
pretty well smashed up the barrell getting it loose.  put your big
vicegrips on the handle of the faucet wrench, because the little
handle will not turn it, it will bend.  Use the vicegrips to turn the
handle.  Make sure you have the vicegrips going the right way.  You
may want to have someone else hammer on the end of the vicegrip
handle to make an impact wrench of sorts.

If your faucet wrench is a snears, it may have a hex for a wrench or
a square for a socket.  If so, use it over the vicegrips.   Most just
have the little slide handle on a smooth round shaft.

Loren Faeth