Faucet wrench should work well.  I never know where mine is
anymore.  I usually can find channellocks.

Faucet wrench will work for installation.  Wrap a layer or two of
masking tape or vinyl tape around the new pump where you will put the
wrench, and don't bear down too hard.  You don't want to distort the
outer case. if it leaks, you can tighten it a bit more.

At 09:45 PM 9/7/2008, you wrote:
>I have the faucet wrench - great idea, OK Don.
>LTD - is this a  Sears tool?
>
>On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Wonko the Sane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Pick up one of these for the job. (Click on thumbnail to see larger size.)
> > This is the tool my brother-in-law used to get my old primer off.  About
> > 12"
> > in length (eyeballing it).
> >
> > http://don1.homelinux.net/~don/tool/
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 4:39 PM, andrew strasfogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > The  problem is there isn't room for the handle of the vise grip.
> > >

> > --
> > LT Don
> > http://don.homelinux.net/~don/
> >
> > apt-get update