Hendrik & Fay wrote:
It's 4.30pm on Sunday here and yes we are ahead in time. The day starts somewhere just to the west of Hawaii.

My computer altered your timestamp to 1:00 AM, USA EST (the same time zone our stock market and our Capitol are in). If you sent it at 16:30, then you are 15 1/2 hours ahead of me. Are your time zones in 1/2 hour increments? Ours are in one hour chunks.

OTOH, your email has a server timestamp of 15:00:07 at GMT +900, which implies that server is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich. I'm five hours behind Greenwich, so some place in Oz, wherever your outgoing email server is, is 14 hours ahead of me.