'Seems MIGHTY big for an aircraft clock, i. e., one mounted on instrument panel for the crew, for navigation, etc., unless it's for something way before "my time."

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wonko the Sane" <don.b...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: 1951 clock mechanism

If it really is a "clock, aero" and it really goes on/in an airframe, then
it might be somehow associated with the nav side of avionics.

The only thing that is timed and not associated with nav has to do with
airframe and engine hours, and those are normally tracked with flight logs
and a pencil.

That said, the RFI (ready for installation) tag just screams aircraft part,
even without the "clock, aero" notation. The RFI on the tag was the first
thing to which my eyes were drawn.

I will have to ponder on what in avionics might require tracking clock time
or even any sort of timing, other than the obvious (nav fixes).