Bomb or torpedo fuse timer?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: 1951 clock mechanism

WILTON wrote:
'Seems MIGHTY big for an aircraft clock, i. e., one mounted on instrument
panel for the crew, for navigation, etc.

Yes - panel clock is never deeper than about an inch.
Plus, this has no face, no hands.  I have no idea what would read the
seeming rotation of the cylinder, or perhaps the nail point.  There is
warning on the "handle" at the end: "Warning do not turn cylinder
remove by pulling."  Something must be seeing the rotation.
Thanks for assisting to solve the puzzle.
I will probably need to open the unopened end to expose the clock
works to see if there is a clue in there.
Does someone know of a database of old avionics part numbers or
drawing numbers someplace?
mao