I bought this house outside of Boston, the owner was one Frank Bowman, sort of an Irish ne'er-do-well. Anyway, he was telling us his daughter was "dating" this guy from Providence. So one day Frank looks out his front door and there is a Lincoln limo (no Caddies) out front, 3 or 4 big guys in dark suits get out, then this little old guy. Old guy comes to the door, introduces himself as Ray Patriarca, father of the datee of Frank's daughter. Ray wanted to check things out, make sure they were OK. So Frank, being a guy aware of such things, knows Ray by reputation. Ray was from Providence, you can look him up. Frank had him in for a little refreshment, and was mightily impressed, this apparently was a highlight of his life.

--R

Donald Snook wrote:
Dwight wrote: "Or if you started representing Mafia clients then you could ferry
them to court in the caddy limo. . Oh I guess not in Kansas- would have to move to
Providence for the Soprano  law practice specialty."

Actually we have a mafia retirement community here.  It's a little town called
Frontenac.  The Chicago Mob moved here 30 years ago.  They have the best
Italian restaurants, a great private airport and some very good tailors.  I am
not exaggerating.  It's a mob town for the semi-retired.  They have their own
lawyer, though so I am out.  His name is Spigarelli.

Donald H. Snook