From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Rick Knoble
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:41 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] brake job nightmare

From: "Gary Hurst" <jabbahur...@gmail.com>
> the consumer is now doing the exact same thing he did to destroy
> downtown america to destroy the downtown small town component that really
> made the internet so charming in earlier days.

IMHO, the destruction of mom and pop downtown shops was a top down deal, not

bottom up.  The solution is to shop local, meaning locally owned businesses,

not corporate mega-chains. Here on this list, it means buying from Rusty
(and you) for new parts and K'leb  for used stuff.

Rick
Off to the farmers market this afternoon, to shop local