Agree again.

"I'm afraid unless this stays a real pain the
butt for doing the wvo thing so that your average
person isn't going to want to do the work himself"

There are 2 VO pumps in the country - last checked,
they sell at 90 cents/gallon. If could fill up on VO
at $1.50/gallon, I wouldn't even THINK of collecting
and filtering.

THat's the idea behind my industrial centrifugal oil
filter (when I get it)...take all the messy work out
for people and them a BIG FAVOR by selling them VO at
$1/gallon...when you no longer get posts from me,
you'll know I'm in prison for some sort of fuel tax
evasion.

Chris

P.S. There may be laws about disposal of oil, bet they
are not strictly enforced becuase the point in the
past was that the oil not get dumped somewhere...which
doesn;t happen, but now there will be a new reason to
enforce.

Chris

--- Levi Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree completely. But I'm afraid unless this stays
> a real pain the butt
> for doing the wvo thing so that your average person
> isn't going to want to
> do the work himself(Personally I would much rather
> pay the money and fill up
> at a gas station than all the crap I go through to
> collect and filter and
> try to run my benz on wvo, but I don't consider the
> amount that it costs for
> me to drive as much as I do worth it. If my only
> travels were an occasional
> trip to town you can bet your butt that I would be
> back in my Subaru! but
> alas, my commute to work and such means I put on
> about 400-500 miles a week)
>
> But on the downside, if the government manages to
> believe that they're
> losing or just plain not getting money they could be
> I can't possibly
> believe that they're not going to start passing more
> laws to be sure they
> get their money. To be honest, I'm still a little
> unsure of the laws right
> now. If I go drive down the road here in upstate NY
> on WVO, am I breaking
> the law by not paying road tax? A couple months ago
> I thought the answer was
> no. But I've heard a couple comments in the last
> month that lead me to
> believe that the road tax is not on a "per fuel"
> basis, but on the plain
> fact that you're using fuel and you're on the
> road...
>
> Either way, I'm surprised they don't already have
> checks in place for
> restaurants as to where their waste oil is going.
>
> Levi
> Dang, I'm just going to have to start stockpiling
> some veggie oil for when
> the revolution comes! (:
>
> On 10/21/05, Christopher McCann
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Agree - they'll care about road tax, like the govt
> did
> > in England, but the original poster's argument was
> > that fresh VO will provoke the govt to action but
> WVO
> > will not. I DO DISAGREE with that as the England
> case
> > proves as you are avoiding fuel tax either way.
> >
> > To extend your scenarios, there will be a LARGE
> fine
> > for restaraunts releasing waste oil to anyone
> without
> > a "waste oil" disposal permit (which will be
> > expensive, but the grease companies won't care,
> > becuase it will get all the VO-ers out of "their"
> > grease).
> >
> > Let's just hope with all GW's talk about energy
> > conservation, they follow the lead of the German
> govt
> > and do nothing rather than the English and force
> > everyone to go to the man for fuel.
> >
> > Freaking idiots - we do something good for the
> > country, truly patriotic, that helps our fellow
> man
> [...]

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1987 300TD, 150K miles, "Rotkäppchen" (Little Red Riding Hood)
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running
WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2 mix (do not attempt this
unless you are willing to sacrifice your IP, injectors, pre-chambers, etc.)
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, snow blower, "One Banger"

http://mail.yahoo.com