Biovolks,

Speaking as an ardent WVO biodiesel advocate, hearing
about large scale vegoil use for diesel fuel troubles
me.  Vegoil is intended first and foremost for food,
not vehicle fuel.  If the entire available cropland in
the US were converted to vegoil production, it would
satisfy less than one-sixth of the fuel needs of the
commercial truck fleet.  Extensive retail purchasing
of cooking oil for fuel will inevitably lead to an
ugly backlash from government officials. Do we want
the fuel doors on our cars to have a government seal
to be opened only by a licensed dealer?  If we think
the government wields a heavy hand on occasion, just
wait until people start messing with the nation's food
supply.  Prudence dictates that we should hunt down
more WVO sources and leave the cooking oil alone.

Cheers,

Bruce  [assumes defensive crouch]

(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
> -1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen
> Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen = Alternative Fuel Test
> Vehicle) running
> WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2
> mix (do not attempt this unless you are willing to
> sacrifice your IP, injectors, pre-chambers, etc.)
> -1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, snow
> blower, "One Banger"

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'
85 300CD 236kmi 'Hers'