From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Tyler
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 3:26 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Great car but it needs a motor

Assuming you have the proper spring rate (not just sedan springs), and
bilstein HD shocks that are valved properly for a wagon- Surely it would
handle at least as good as a brand new self leveling system- and better
if you made it a little stiffer (which would also eliminate the need for
the leveling feature). I personally think the SLS is mostly a marketing
gimmick- especially on a car that isn't designed for heavy duty towing.
I guess it lets them get by with softer springs than they otherwise
would need to prevent sag when loaded, which makes the ride
softer- but certainly doesn't improve handling over a set of stiff
regular springs.

Sincerely,
Tyler
1987 190D Turbo Biodiesel