Agree poulan is ok for occ use, best is stihl

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 15, 2009, at 8:10 PM, "Rick Knoble" <rickkno...@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: "OK Don" <okd...@gmail.com>

Is the Poulan Pro 18" chain saw a decent tool? On 'sale' locally for $150. It would be for occaisonal use - to supplement the 10" electric trimming saw
I currently use, and that I don't think will be up to felling the 16"
diameter dead pine tree in the front yard.

If it is a new saw it will be fine for occasional "homeowner" type use. I have a Stihl, but then I heat with wood. If you are going to be sawing for more than 15-20 minutes at a time, you should consider a higher quality saw. Carpal tunnel syndrome from vibration sucks, and to my knowledge is irreversible. Stihl, Echo, and Husqvarna are all considered higher quality saws.

Rick