Is that the orange one they sell at Lowe's? I bought chainsaw there a coupla months ago, I think it is a Poulan. It has a brake feature that you pull back on the guard to lock the chain so when you start it you won't cut your hand off or something. The second day of cutting up a BIG oak tree that thing broke and locked the chain so it was unusable. Back to Lowes, they gave me a new one which has worked fine. I have an old (like 45yr) Homelite that was a great saw until the fuel pickup quit picking up, I haven't fooled with it though I did find parts are nearly unobtainable. And another one my dad had that refuses to idle but runs fine if you keep it wide open. Kinda hard to use. I tried to adjust that one, 2 cycles mystify me. The orange one seems better so far.

--R

OK Don wrote:
Is the Poulan Pro 18" chain saw a decent tool? On 'sale' locally for $150.
It would be for occaisonal use - to supplement the 10" electric trimming saw
I currently use, and that I don't think will be up to felling the 16"
diameter dead pine tree in the front yard.