Larry
The o-rings are what seals the inside from the outside, prevents fuel getting out and air getting in. DV repairs are normally brought on because of that, but it makes sense to replace the copper seals and springs while in the area.

Harry

----- Original Message ----- From: "LarryT" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W124 Motor Mounts & Related Problems

Hi Max -
Seems like once I've taken the DVs apart I may as well replace the o-rings. Does it not?

Also, the o-rings are the least expensive parts (IIRC) - the springs are over $17 for 5 from Rusty.

Hmmm.....

BTW, Max & I rec'd similar training - I was a mechanics apprentice at a VW-Porsche dealer in the late 60s. Had to replace many exhaust studs ;-)

LarryT
91 300D

Does your business accept or need to
accept V/MC/AE/Dis?  We have the
best rates & 0% Interest Business loans.