Now that I look at what I wrote, I think I've only done that job on
the 300E, so I can't swear to the alternator on the diesel being in
the same place, but it probably is---besides the obviously different
stuff like the fuel injection system, ignition system (or lack
thereof), and turbo (ditto), most everything under the hood is in more
or less the same place on the OM603 and M103 cars.