One more thing (as Columbo used to say). Watch out for something called
Personal AntiVirus. That is the virus that Maureen got on her computer that
caused so many problems. If you get that, take your laptop immediately to a
professional and get it scrubbed off.

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 7:23 PM, andrew strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I've been getting an onslaught of warnings recently about viruses that are
> supposedly infecting my Compaq laptop computer, with an offer to kill them
> with "Malware Defense".  Has anyone heard of this SW?  Is it legit?   I
> used
> to receive McAfee spam daily but that has ceased, and Malware is now
> hitting
> me every couple of minutes with their warnings and offers.  Should
> I subscribe to the 50 percent off Malware offer, resubscribe to McAfee, or
> do something else, such as.??..  My computer IS acting strangely,  and
> takes
> forever to load, so I would not be surprised if I have some sort of
> computerized STD.
>
> TIA, and Happy New Year to all!
>
> Andrew

You are what you are now because you where then.