Thanks for your repsonses, but alas, I am even more confused now than I was
before (which is not all that surprising).  Malware seems like a mixed bag,
and no one mentioned McAffee.  I definitely appear to have some bugs already
that needs to be *annihilated*.  I am willing to pay but unwilling to
operate in "
safe" mode, if that involves running in "text only mode" or other handicaps.