"Safe Mode" is a start-up mode that can be used when trying to clean up your
system or otherwise diagnose problems.  It simply starts up with minimal
drivers and services.  It's not something you would use on an ongoing basis.

To boot into safe mode, repeatedly tap the "F8" key while Windows is starting.
You'll be presented with a menu that has several Safe Mode choices, typically
you want "Safe Mode with Networking".  Depending on what malware you've got, it
may or may not help.

Allan