The anecdotal evidence is that progressive is not likely to pay for a proper repair, even with a used door, or bondo.

Some stupid kids decided it would be fun to throw rocks at my CDI... So now there is a fist sized dent in the door, and some gouges inside the dent. Kids got away before my brother (who was borrowing the car) could catch them.

So now I get to make a comprehensive claim! Yay! *rolls eyes*

The claims guy says I take it to the local adjuster this Thursday, they'll put a price on the damage, and cut me a check. If the body shop I take it to disagrees on the price, they are supposed to take it up with the insurance. I don't know if I want them to write me a check on Thursday... I just worry it won't be enough (I'm probably going to need a new door), and then I'm going to get screwed over.

The insurance company is Progressive.

Also, could I take the money, and find a used door?

Thanks!!
John