He is a good writer of FICTION. If you are somebody on the inside, you can drive trucks through the holes in his novels. Still a fun read.

On Tuesday, October 25, 2005, at 08:22 PM, OK Don wrote:

Well, darn! After reading a couple of novels by Dan Brown, I was
rather intrigued by the supposed knights of the templar/rose (sp?) and
the Masons - now you've gone and ruined it for me!

I have not replied to this thread because it seems to have nothing to do
with MB.  But Now I must speak.

Lets not drag the Masons into a discussion where they don't belong.  I
am a Mason and have been one for 20 years. When I was a young man (14)
I fell and broke my hip.  I was sent to the Shriners Hospitals for
crippled children (All Shriners are Masons) they took care of me and
would not except a penny in return.  I have seen no evidence of devil
worship or cult like issues in them at all ever. (And I have taken the
time to really look for it) If I don't pay my dues ($50) I get suspended
from the lodge, I see no cults  having that policy.  George Washington
and most of the sons of liberty were Masons as well as 13 signers of the
declaration of independence. It was good enough from George Washington
and I am pretty sure he would not join a cult.

If a cult helps poor crippled kids walk for no charge,provide
defibulators to our local schools, Sponsor the local DARE program, Help locate missing children with their child ID program, take care of widows
and orphans, and dole out 80 million a year to charity in PA alone,
Never asking for an ounce of credit, then I will sign up for it any day.

I have been a business owner and A mason for a long time.  Some
businesses failed others did better, but I don't think I can park the
failure of my business at the door of the Masons.

George T. Mason, Past Master
St. Johns Lodge #1 F&AM NJ
J. Simpson Africa Lodge #628 F&AM PA

--